Thinking about learning permaculture for a while? It is time to make the first step, and join us in February for a very special Permaculture Design Course. Organised by Tread Lightly Permaculture and Holmgren Design, this course is unique, like no other, because
- You will learn from the very original cofounder of permaculture, David Holmgren, and a team of world class permaculture practitioners and educators. Their depth of practical and theoretical knowledge will make this very special standout PDC. There will be ample opportunity to socialise with the presenters outside the session times.
- This is the course designed specifically to the twelve principles David details in Permaculture: principles and pathways beyond sustainability. We will focus on one principle a day, and by the end of the course, you will be equipped with the foundations of permaculture philosophy, design and knowledge. You will receive a certificate at the end of the course which makes you eligible to practice or teach permaculture commercially and to proceed towards the Diploma in Permaculture Design.
- The course will take place in the Wombat Forest south of Daylesford at the beautiful Rocklyn Yoga Ashram. This remote setting away from towns, traffic and the temptations of noise and junk food, will be ideal for learning permaculture.
- You will see many working examples of permaculture during the course. The Ashram’s extensive garden, designed and completed by David and Hamish MacCallum, will feed you during the course. You will also see permaculture design applications in both urbane and rural settings in the local area including one of the best permaculture demonstration sites in the world, Melliodora.
- The serene and spiritual focus of the Ashram complements the mindfulness of permaculture practice and reminds us to balance our activity and thinking with reflection, a point not normally emphasised in PDCs. You are encouraged to take part in the Ashram’s daily yoga programs.
- Delicious wholesome and nutritious meals will be prepared by Su Dennett with the Ashram’s catering crew. Most of the food for the course will come from the Ashram’s extensive permaculture gardens. With plenty of love and care, Su will make sure that what you eat will be delicious, and at the same time, meet permaculture standards. During the course, in other words, you will live a “permaculture life”.
- Within close proximity to Melbourne, Castlemaine and Ballarat, the Ashram is centrally located, though the overwhelming feeling when you’re there is of being in a very special relaxing environment, another world.
- You will work on a design project of your choice during the course, guided by experienced tutors, you will experience the fundamentals of permaculture to design the world you want.
The list can go on, but the available places are limited to ensure the quality. Take a positive step, and be early. For booking and more details, see the Event page.